Saturday, May 31, 2014

Fun in the Sun

I have 3 kids and they get me going everyday and they are the reason why I know oils will never leave my home.  A year ago we got a diagnosis for my youngest who was 3 at the time that she had allergies but she was allergic to scents, fragrances, man-made smells.  That really narrows your choices when in the summer you are outside everyday.  So I had to do my research to find options for her and for us to reduce the toxic load of sunscreen.  The modern essentials book had a recipe with Helichrysum. You added 3 drops of Helichrysum to 2 oz of water.  This is a wonderful recipe. I love things that are simple and require few ingredients.  This is not waterproof so it didn't solve all our problems but for the normal everyday it is amazing.  We still use it. Even though their are many more sunscreen recipes but I love this because I can squirt my kids in the face with it and not hurt their eyes at all.

Our next problem was after sun.  The Helichrysum spray helped when we had accidental exposure.  We've also used lavender (to soothe), peppermint (to take away the heat) but recently doTERRA did a blog post on an aftersun spray that I wanted to try.  I have a fair skinned daughter that came home from her dads with a red bum.  He had failed to spray the back of her legs while she was swimming and she was miserable.


So while she was soaking in an epsom salt bath my son and I were putting together this spray. The next morning she had a tan.  It wasn't red it didn't hurt she was fine even though hours before she was a lobster.  We love it.  After my kids shower after a long day outside they like to put it on because its cooling and it helps their skin.  And as always I don't worry about them using it because it doesn't have any adverse ingredients!

No comments:

Post a Comment